Start spreading the news:
– Prevent sticky fingers – While baking, slather a thin layer of butter all over your hands before mixing cookie batter or making crispy rice treats to keep your hands from getting sloppy.
– Slip off your rings – Use a bit of butter to loosen a tight ring stuck on your finger.
– Make the medicine go down – If you have a hard time swallowing pills – rub them with a light coating of butter before taking them with water.
– Dislodge gum from hair – Massage butter into the offending wad to slide it easily from tangled locks.
– Calm your cat – When guests come to visit, rub a little bit of butter on the tops of your kitty’s paws to keep her occupied while she acclimates to the new company.
Did you know? It was common practice in 16th-century England to give newly-weds butter – which was considered a symbol of wealth and fertility.
Now you know!